I am happy to announce that with the great help of Jorge, we now have
a first working version of a Moose Finder based on Glamour. Some of
- you get a menu for each item you select in the group view or in the
entity view. This menu is rendered based on the menuItem:category: or
- in the group view you can search for your entities using Smalltalk.
For example, "each numberOfMethods > 1" applied on classes will get
you the classes that have more than 1 method. There is a known issue
consisting in the selection not being shown on the current pane.
However, you do get the selection on the next pane.
- in the Editor pane you get an experimental editor based on Magritte.
The editing does not quite work yet, but you get an idea of all
- in the Evaluator pane, you get the option of writing a script whose
result can be spawned on the next pane. For example, if opened on the
group of classes, "self flatCollect: #methods" will return all the
methods of these classes. To get it in the next pane you have to
select it and press Apple+o. There is a known issue in that every time
you change something, you have to press Apple+s to tell Morphic that
- For a FAMIXClassGroup, you also get a Complexity tab
- For a FAMIXClass you also get a Blueprint tab
To give it a try, just call "openInMoose" on your favorite model, or
Moose object. Feedback is more than welcome :).
Of course, you should get the latest versions of Moose-Finder and
Glamour, but probably best would be to update the complete Moose with:
ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'MooseLoader' from:
(Smalltalk at: #MooseLoader) load
"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."