Just out of curiosity, is anyone still working with a non-cog vm?
I am asking because I was thinking of releasing 4.1 one click with a Cog VM.
"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."
I have built a Glamour browser that uses magritte descriptions.
The underlying data model is very simple. There are only integers to be displayed.
When I click the save button, I get some validation errors stating that the input entered in the text field is invalid.
If I deal with strings that is ok.
So I think that the input is not converted into integer and therefore magritte does not like it because an integer is expected but a string is provided.
Anybody already tried this use case ?
I think that we should leverage the pharo infrastructure to be able analyze pharo unstable.
We should make sure that we can
- load code in a separate system dictionary
- perform analysis of code in that separate namespace
this way we can use Moose 4.1 in pharo 1.1 to load pharo 1.2 unstable.
It will be shaky the first time but it should work.
wat do you think?
I'm wondering how to use MouseEnter events from Mondrian (when I just move the mouse over an element) in a Glamour presentation.
I am not sure how to use it actually. There is an example in MoosePanel when the mouse overs a class in system complexity, class name is displayed in the status bar.
It seems like I could perhaps read from the #status port?
My idea is that I would like to be able to update a presentation in another pane when I just hover over an element.
For example, I could use it to display the source code in a separate pane when discovering a mondrian presentation.
I don't like to have too much popup with source code (it hides the visualization), and the benefit to have it in a separate pane is that you always now where to look.
(rambling from esug)
It seems I have some problems to mix progress bars (using MooseCustomTask) and Glamour browser (it's related to Arki more precisely).
I mean, I select some items in a browser, which then compute lazily their state. Some long computations are done in a Moose custom task to give feedback. But it gives errors or incorrect results in Glamour/Arki when it is done this way, generally because some data are incomplete when the browser is rendering the widget.
I'm puzzled by how this happens, because it seems it should be managed by the UI thread.
Any hacker willing to take a look at Esug?
Some improvement were made over the last few days (Thanks Henrik!).
Here is the health report run on a 64/32 vm, 5.7b3.
Compared with the report sent on August 11, we are significantly faster on simple rendering of edges (due to the fast node lookup scheme), rendering inner nodes (due to the fast node lookup scheme again)
But a bit slower on rending simple nodes (27%), ManyInnerNodesAndEdges (3%), many small nodes.
Report produced on 2010-09-14T10:26:51+00:00
System version Pharo-1.1-11411 of 17 July 2010 update 11411
Benchmark ManyNode (simple rendering of nodes) :
100 nodes => 6 ms
200 nodes => 11 ms
300 nodes => 16 ms
400 nodes => 21 ms
500 nodes => 28 ms
600 nodes => 32 ms
700 nodes => 36 ms
800 nodes => 42 ms
900 nodes => 48 ms
1000 nodes => 52 ms
1600 nodes => 84 ms
3200 nodes => 169 ms
6400 nodes => 485 ms
Benchmark ManyEdges (simple rendering of edges) :
10 edges => 3 ms
20 edges => 7 ms
30 edges => 15 ms
40 edges => 26 ms
50 edges => 40 ms
60 edges => 56 ms
70 edges => 213 ms
80 edges => 99 ms
90 edges => 128 ms
100 edges => 273 ms
200 edges => 1120 ms
300 edges => 3538 ms
Benchmark ManyInnerNodes :
5 nodes => 142 ms
10 nodes => 2754 ms
15 nodes => 9345 ms
Benchmark Displaying ManyInnerNodes :
5 nodes => 193 ms
10 nodes => 888 ms
15 nodes => 10393 ms
Benchmark Displaying ManyInnerNodesAndEdges :
1 nodes => 8 ms
2 nodes => 232 ms
3 nodes => 3328 ms
4 nodes => 34497 ms
Benchmark Displaying elementAt :
100 nodes => 4 ms
500 nodes => 6 ms
1000 nodes => 9 ms
1500 nodes => 12 ms
2000 nodes => 15 ms
2500 nodes => 18 ms
Benchmark many small nodes :
2000 nodes => 3328 ms
Benchmark edges bounds :
500 nodes => 134 ms
Benchmark subnodes lookup :
20000 nodes => 3896 ms
Alexandre Bergel http://www.bergel.eu
I have a problem with Mondrian (last version).
Text are cut when displayed. I see only the top of the text.
You can reproduce it with:
(view shape: (MOFixedRectangleShape new
text: [:entity | entity asString];
borderColor: Color gray)).
view nodes: #(blah blaf blag)