We are pleased to invite you to the first Teachers Day of the
ESUG-European Conference of Smalltalk Technology.
The meeting will be held place on Friday, September the 10th 2004 in
We want to bring together German speaking teachers and active Smalltalk
developers to show the possibilities of object-oriented modelling and
simulation in educational environments.
Especially we want to
• introduce different usage-scenarios of Smalltalk environments in
classrooms, which could reach from simulations in physics and
mathematics to building multimedia content and animations in the fine
• collect ideas for tutorials and start curriculae
• plan actions to introduce Smalltalk and especially
Squeak-Distribution to German speaking schools.
• plan further co-operations and start, if possible, concrete
The following topics will be presented:
• Caro and Bot: A Smalltalk-Environment for Children from 11, to
learn programming • Experience report about the use of Swikis and
Smalltalk at the French School of Bern
• Short Intro of Squeak and the German Squeak Association Squeak e.V.
• Etoys: A drag'n drop Script- and simulation environment
• Report of the anual School-Squeaker-Meeting in Chicago
• StarSqueak / Kedama: StarLogo in Squeak, an environment to simulate
• Smallland: Experience report about the use of free Software in
Spanish Schools: Squeak is installed there on 80000 computers, 50
teachers create curriculae
We are happy about more experience reports and presentations. If you
want to participate or to show, what you do with Smalltalk, please
register by sending a mail to gaelli(a)iam.unibe.ch with
• your name and email-address
• and i.a. the title of your presentation/tutorial/etc. with a short
Time and Place
Friday, September 10th at 9.00 o'clock in Köthen at the
Hochschule Anhalt (FH) // Fachbereich Informatik //Lohmannstraße 23
This event can be visited for 50 Euro, independent from the conference,
Markus, Marcus + Stef
choose-news(a)iam.unibe.ch is a *moderated* mailing list for announcing
non-commercial events related to Object Technology in Switzerland.
Please send announcements to be posted to: choose-news(a)iam.unibe.ch
To unsubscribe, please send the message "unsubscribe choose-news" to:
To learn more about SI and CHOOSE, see: http://www.choose.s-i.ch/