I would like to take the opportunity that a major conference on object
technology will be held in Zurich in June-July 2009. You may want
submit a research paper or propose a workshop.
TOOLS EUROPE 2009 will focus on the combination of technologies that
have emerged through objects and object technology becoming
mainstream. TOOLS EUROPE 2009 combines an emphasis on quality with a
strong practical focus.
This is the 47th TOOLS conference. Started in 1989, TOOLS conferences,
held in Europe, the USA, Australia, China and Eastern Europe, have
played a major role in the development of object technology field;
many of the seminal concepts were first presented at TOOLS. The TOOLS
series was successfully restarted in 2007.
TOOLS 2009 will host a number of workshops addressing different areas
of technologies in connection with objects. The purpose of workshops
is to serve as forums for discussing and presenting gestating ideas.
The TOOLS 2009 Organizing Committee invites proposals for one or two
day workshops that will complement the main conference. Naturally, the
workshops should fall within the scope of TOOLS.
Researchers and practitioners wishing to organize workshops should
submit proposals in plain text or pdf-format presented as a
preliminary call for papers. Proposals should include:
- A workshop name and acronym (if any)
- A technical description of the workshop topic area
- A short description of the intended length and format of the workshop
- A brief statement of the relevance of the workshop to TOOLS 2009
- The names and e-mail addresses of the organizing committee
- A list of proposed program committee members
- Tentative dates for submission and notification of acceptance.
The proposals will be evaluated by the TOOLS workshop committee. The
titles and brief information about accepted workshops will be included
in the TOOLS 2009 web site as well as links to the call for papers and
call for participation.
Please submit your proposals to the workshop chairs at:
alexandre.bergel(a)inria.fr and jfabry(a)dcc.uchile.cl
- Deadline for workshop proposal: February 15, 2009
- Workshop authors notification: March 1st, 2009
- Conference: June 29th - July 3th 2009
More information will be soon found online (http://tools.ethz.ch/workshops.html
Alexandre & Johan
Alexandre Bergel http://www.bergel.eu
The CHOOSE executive board is pleased to invite you to the following
Dr. Wim de Pauw (IBM Research)
"Visualization of Complex IT Systems"
When: December 15, 2008, 18:15.
Where: Institut fuer Wirtschaftsinformatik (IWI), Universitaet Bern,
Engehaldenstrasse 8, 3012 Bern, Hoersaal 001.
More details about the presentation can be found at:
This event is free for all SI-CHOOSE members, including the drinks
after the talk. Non-CHOOSE members are also welcome, and are
encouraged to fill out the membership application form:
NOTE: Registration for this event is required. Please fill out the
The CHOOSE Forum 2008 is just around the corner. Here are some updates:
- Unfortunately, Roger Boesch is in the hospital and he will not be
able to give his speech on Monday. Instead, the other speakers will
give slightly longer talks. You can see the current schedule at:
- There are 60 participants registered.
- The registration will start at 8:30.