Tenure track or tenured full time academic position in Large scale and cloud computing
Vacancy Reference : 10701 / EPL 016 / 2017 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
Université catholique de Louvain invites applications for a tenure track
or tenured full time position in Large scale and cloud computing.
The successful candidate will carry out research in the field of large
scale and cloud computing, including but not limited to distributed
computing, operating systems, software engineering, information
visualization, and large scale software systems. Still, other areas of
competence will also be considered, since the candidate's merit is
considered as a combination of specialization and scientific excellence.
The successful candidate will join the Institute of Information and
Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics
(ICTEAM) and will have teaching assignments in computer science within
the various degree programmes organised by the Ecole Polytechnique de
Louvain (EPL). Bachelor level courses are mostly taught in French,
master courses in English.
Starting date : 1st September, 2017
Application deadline : 15th November, 2016
Further information :
Professor Michel Verleysen, dean EPL -
Professor Jean-Didier Legat, research director ICTM -
Science and Technology Sector
Louvain School of Engineering (http://www.uclouvain.be/en-epl.html
Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and
Applied Mathematics (http://www.uclouvain.be/en-ictm.html
Tasks : the applicant will:
- be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e.
undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing
- supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate
and graduate students, as well as PhD students;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through
teaching and research excellence;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in
the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with
Qualifications : the applicant must have
- a PhD degree in Computer science, or any related discipline;
- a significant scientific record with international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial
experience outside UCL;
- experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate
research findings into teaching;
- creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level
and to advise, or lead, a research team;
- good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this
is not the case, the applicant accept to learn French and/or English in
order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency
in other languages is an additional advantage.
- Follow the instructions on this page :
- Look for the job with Requisition ID 10701
- Follow the instructions of the
application in which you need to encode your application.
- Respect the submission deadline of Tuesday 15 November, 2016, at 11:59
pm at the latest.