The Software Engineering Lab of the University of Mons (Belgium) has two vacant positions for PhD candidates to work on a research project focusing on the analysis and support of development automation in collaborative software development settings.
More details can be found on https://secoassist.github.io/jobs.html
Qualified candidates need to:
- be available to start the position no later than September 2023 (preferably earlier).
- have a masters degree in computer science, software engineering, or an equivalent 5-year degree programme that shows the required skills in software engineering and data science that are needed to carry out the PhD research.
- have very good knowledge of English (knowledge of French is a plus even if not strictly required).
Official application should include:
- A personalised motivation letter, explaining why the candidate is the best fit for the vacant PhD position.
- A list of all degrees obtained, together with the grade transcripts of each year/semester and (if available) ranking.
- A short curriculum vitae detailing the past experience (education, research and professional) of the candidate.
- A digital copy of the master thesis.
- If applicable, a digital copy of any (co-)authored publications demonstrating the expected expertise.
- If applicable, a link to one or more of the candidate's projects related to data analysis or Python programming (e.g., a link to a public GitHub repository).
- Contact details and reference letters of two or more referees that we may contact.
Interested applicants should reach out to Dr. Alexandre Decan (alexandre.decan(a)umons.ac.be) by e-mail.
(announcement forwarded by Tom Mens)