PhD positions in UMONS (Belgium) on Software Development Automation Ecosystems
by Tom MENS
The Software Engineering Lab of the University of Mons (Belgium) has two vacant positions for PhD candidates to work on a research project focusing on the analysis and support of development automation in collaborative software development settings.
More details can be found on https://secoassist.github.io/jobs.html
Qualified candidates need to:
- be available to start the position no later than September 2023 (preferably earlier).
- have a masters degree in computer science, software engineering, or an equivalent 5-year degree programme that shows the required skills in software engineering and data science that are needed to carry out the PhD research.
- have very good knowledge of English (knowledge of French is a plus even if not strictly required).
Official application should include:
- A personalised motivation letter, explaining why the candidate is the best fit for the vacant PhD position.
- A list of all degrees obtained, together with the grade transcripts of each year/semester and (if available) ranking.
- A short curriculum vitae detailing the past experience (education, research and professional) of the candidate.
- A digital copy of the master thesis.
- If applicable, a digital copy of any (co-)authored publications demonstrating the expected expertise.
- If applicable, a link to one or more of the candidate's projects related to data analysis or Python programming (e.g., a link to a public GitHub repository).
- Contact details and reference letters of two or more referees that we may contact.
Interested applicants should reach out to Dr. Alexandre Decan (alexandre.decan(a)umons.ac.be) by e-mail.
(announcement forwarded by Tom Mens)
2 months, 2 weeks