1) When I go to "edit design" command in Pier, all that
Css I see, where it
comes from ? I didn't see any Pier library that has those css.
The way you add styles is the Seaside way of doing it. That's fine and
works well with Pier. However, the styles in 'Edit Design' are part of
Pier itself, so these are editable from within Pier.
2) When I edit design from Pier, where is it stored ?
There are links above the textareas in 'Edit Design' that show the
location of these files.
3) When I add different libraries to a Application, how Css are
inherit ? If
I have defined different thing for a same class in different libraries for
example, what happens ?
It depends on the CSS selectors you use and on the order you define them:
1. CSS selectors have different weights
). The more specific a
selector is, the higher its weight. With "!important" you can make a
definition override anything else, but I would only use this as a last
2. If the weight of several selectors is the same, it depends on the
order. Seaside libraries always come first, then the custom styles
from components and from Pier in the order they render.
4) I really don't know when to add css to my library and when to
add it to
"edit design" command.
Whatever is more convenient for you.
5) I tried to put some css in mylibrary, like .a:hoover .a: link
.component but they are ignored. I guess it is using the css I see in
"edit design". How can I do to override that css ?
Remove the style in "Edit Design" if you use your own CSS in a WAFileLibrary.
Or don't use the WAFileLibrary and replace the style in "Edit Desing"
with your own.