by Damien Cassou
is there any photo gallery available for Pier? I mean a widget where I
could upload pictures and they are rendered in a nice way. I started
one 4 years ago but I abandoned it.
5 years, 4 months
installing Pier in Pharo2
by Peter H. Meadows
I want to learn/play with Pier.
Starting with Pharo 20500 image, I loaded seaside30 and pier3 from the
configurations browser. (ignored some warnings).
Then I do:
PRPierFrame registerAsApplication: 'emptyPier' kernel: PRPierFrame
but I get WARequestContextNotFound error.
How can I make it work? Should I be using seaside2.8? What is the
difference between pier2 and pier3?
9 years, 11 months
Migrating to SmalltalkHub
by Damien Cassou
I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make
Magritte and Pier today. I can do it if you want to. I will create a
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing
10 years, 1 month
[ANN] Pharo 2.0
by Esteban Lorenzano
We are proud to announce the release of Pharo 2.0!
You can find information about Pharo at: http://www.pharo-project.org
About this release
All in all, there were over 1600 issues treated in the issue tracker
and 1350 improvements integrated into 2.0.
Read it again, yes 1350 is huge, take two minutes and have a look at the list of
improvements! Now you got the feel of the effort. And this was a true community
effort. It is possible because people worldwide helped! We want to deeply thank them.
We want to thank Inria for its constant support, in particular for the salary of Igor
Stasenko and Esteban Lorenzano, and for the help in the infrastructure.
We have accomplished this huge task for a better system because we were together. Do not
forget that we are working on a consortium to support our system:
- http://consortium.pharo.org (for companies and organizations)
- http://association.pharo.org (for individuals)
Our goal is to build a system so that we can make a living with our creativity and
You can find information about Pharo on http://www.pharo-project.org. In particular,
you may be interested in:
- Joining us and getting help http://www.pharo-project.org/community
- Getting the Pharo By Example book (available as a free PDF): http://www.pharobyexample.org
- Watching the screencasts http://www.pharocasts.com
- Reporting problems http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking
- Reading the forth coming book http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/pbe2
- Reading the Pharo vision document http://bit.ly/HNkEru
Thanks a lot for your participation, energy and fun.
-- The Pharo Team
Summarized issues for 2.0
- Widget enhancements
- Layout improvements/cleanups
- New icons (famfam)
- Growl style notifications
- Revamp progress bar
- Nautilus browser
- Critics browser
- Improved version diff browsing
- Revamp Code Completion and smart chars
- Interactive navigation using ctrl/cmd+click over classes/methods
- Shout themes
- Andreas profiler
- Update Zinc
- Zodiac (SSL)
- System Announcer
- RPackage replacing PackageInfo
- Command line tools / Headless mode
- Native boost
- Update Ring metamodel
- Fuel serializer
- Freetype fonts
- DateAndTime refactoring
- Updated FileSystem and replaced FileDirectory
- Latests cog builds
- FilePlugin enhancements
- SocketPlugin fixes
- Included libraries: freetype2, cairo
- FileDirectory removed (replaced by FileSystem)
- SmartRefStream and ReferenceStream removed (replaced by Fuel)
- PackageInfo deprecated (replaced by RPackage)
- Zeroconf scripts
- Continuous Integration for every aspect of our release process.
Not all the changes are reported here, but this is to give you an impression,
you can find better explanation here: https://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ActionsInPharo20
10 years, 2 months
grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0
by Tudor Girba
(sorry for the cross-post, but I was not quite sure where to send it)
In Grease-Core, there are a couple of String extensions (trimBoth, trimBoth:, trimLeft, trimLeft: trimRight, trimRight:, trimLeft:right:) that already exist in Pharo 2.0.
I would like to remove them and let platform-specific extension packages add them if needed. Unfortunately, I do not have an account for the www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30.html repository.
Can anyone give me access to the repository?
"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."
10 years, 2 months