I was looking at adding a file based storage
mechanism. I want it to
each change to a file whenever it happens, instead of waiting some
and then saving all pages. Anyway, I've added my new class, but it
that the #changed: message is getting the wrong argument. The argument
is "aStructure", but it is rarely a structure. It appears that most of
time it is an Action (e.g., PageEdit, Login, etc.). The only time that
noticed a structure was when I added something to the folder using the
I would recommend renaming Storage>>changed: and Storage>>changed.
messages are already defined on Object for dependents handling, but
methods are doing something different.
I know that this part is not perfect right now. Stéphane already told
me that I misuse the method-names #changed: and #changed, but as that
part of SmallWiki isn't used at all up-to-now, I didn't felt the need
to fix it immediately.
I will correct it as soon as I am back from the Netherlands, but if you
want to fix it directly in the Cincom repository, feel free to do so
and I will be glad to continue working on this version. I won't be able
to touch the sources the next 10 days.
Finally, I'd recommend against modifying
collections outside of their
containing object. For example, the FolderEdit>>moveDown: reaches
Folder object and manipulates the children collection. The Folder
the only object that manipulates its children collection. Externally
modifying the collection makes it hard to change the representation in
I noticed this problem when using code-critics with my code and I will
fix it as soon as possible. Probably I should even remove the direct
accessors to the children of a folder. Especially as a speed-up to
look-up the children might be needed in the near future.