Excellent work, Damien!
In case someone wants to load Pillar in a Pharo image, here is a load
smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
(Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfPillar) load
(I updated the http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou(a)gmail.com>wrote:
I'm proud to announce the 0.6 release of Pillar, a syntax and
associated tools to write and generate documentation and books.
Pillar is currently used to write the Enterprise Pharo book
and other projects.
The attached screenshot shows a part of the Voyage documentation
generated by Pillar (from
Pillar has many features:
- simple markup-based syntax with references, tables, pictures,
captions... (this is the syntax of Pier)
- export to HTML, LaTeX and markdown (more to come)
- customization of the export through a dedicated STON configuration file
- support of templates using the Mustache templating engine
- syntax-highlighting of generated code blocks (not yet in LaTeX)
- configurable numbering of section titles and figures
Pillar has also:
- a 5-minutes tutorial
- a documentation
) (in progress)
- a good test coverage (91% with more than a 1000 executed tests)
- a continuous integration job
- a command-line interface
- several existing use cases:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
"Every thing has its own flow"